The Firing Pin Gun Store offers transfer services both to and from other FFL’s. If you purchase a firearm from an internet site or from another dealer in North America, we will work with that company to have your firearm securely transported to our store here in Temple City CA, where you can have the firearm successfully transferred into your possession.
Your name, phone number and email address
The make and model of the firearm
An order or invoice number from your purchase
The name of the dealer or company who will be shipping the firearm
The senders phone number and email address
To be prepared for when you are called to come in and do your paperwork, here is a list of documents you will need to bring to complete the transaction:
- Valid CA Drivers License of ID card. If you do NOT have the Federal RealID, you MUST bring ONE of the following to supplement it:
- Birth Certificate
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Naturalization Paper
- Greeg Card
- Firarm Safety Card. If you do not have this, you can take the test at our store. The fee is $25
- If you are purchasing a handgun: you MUST also bring in ONE of the following second proof of residence allowable by law, with the name and address matching your license/ID
- Car registration
- Utility bill - Gas, water, electric, cable or trash bill.
- Valid CA fishing license - MUST be valid on the day that you come in to do your paperwork
Receiving Fee - $55 per firearm (plus $47 DROS fees and applicable sales tax)
Please note that your firearm(s) will be available for you to begin paperwork only after a Firing Pin employee has contacted you. UPS/FedEx delivery notification does not mean that the item is ready for processing. All transfers will be processed in the order in which they were received. This may take up to 1-2 business days.
Firearms that have not been processed through the DROS system within 7 days of our store receiving them will be subject to a $5/day storage fee.